28 March 2011

Ode To “D”

O, Vitamin D


O, D of vites


You give me strength


You give me might!


~


Bring forth cheer when skies are grey


In that little oily way


How can it be that you can do


So much for me and my dull mood


~


Here in my most NW’rn of climes,


When Spring comes slow and takes it’s time


To greet those winter weary kind


Like myself. Beam now, Sunshine!


~


Until the glimmer breaks through the cloud


You, my friend, will be my vow


Of good health I do pronounce!


~


O, Vitamin D!

1 comment:

A. Joy said...

I like your D poem! I myself have started taking vitamin D and the occasional laying under a sun lamp. Then I wondered ... CT spends a lot of money on special UVB bulbs for his lizards as they must have them to stay healthy and absorb their calcium. Maybe I should join the lizards for a daily nap under their bulbs? I haven't tried it yet.